Articles and resources for nurses
We’ve compiled a list of the most popular articles and forum discussions on our site, plus resources that might be of interest to nurses. We hope you find these useful. We’ll update this list regularly, so stay tuned!
Hottest discussions and articles, vents and rants
- Who has been bullied in their nursing career?
- Getting fed up with family interference in patient care
- My sister earns more than me and I’m a nurse!
- Does anyone know what the status is of the push for night penalties at 25%?
- Paperless health systems by 2014. When will I find time to do all my documentation?
- Thinking of travelling around and working interstate when national registration kicks in??
- We need more hospital-based training!
- Royal North Shore Hospital Emergency Nurse killed
- Would you still turn up to work on no pay?
- Getting used to the arrest buzzer. Not!
- Shortage in Nursing is rubbish!
- Very upset about my agency shift last night
- What do people think about DONs? Are they effective?
- How do you handle stress in the workplace?
Registered nurses (RNs)
Aged care nurses
Endorsed enrolled nurses (EENs)
- How should I fill the job specification in the application forms?
- I am a second year RN who applied and was accepted for the new graduate program then it was decided since I completed the degree 6 monthhs prior to the interview I was no longer eligible!
Just for fun
- What’s your most dreaded specimen?
- What department will you never work in?
- Nursing Game: On Medical Terminologies
- Nursing Trivia Quiz
- Getting to know each other, what are your firsts?
- Why are we nurses?
- What TV shows are you addicted to?
Most bizarre experiences with patients
Most popular blog entries by topic
Issues and challenges
- Our Series on Workplace Compensation and Workplace Injury. An Introduction
- The new Australia Health Systems – what’s in it for nurses?
- Nurses’ thoughts on the launch of the new ‘Between the Flags’ standardised observation chart
- 5 Truths about Working Night Shifts
- Workplace Violence and Nurses. Does it exist?
- Graduating student nurses feel unprepared
- Allegations on Aged Care abuse. Malicious and incorrect
Nursing as a profession
- A shortage on Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nursing Managers, are they friends or foe?
- Two Sides to Nursing
- Nurses, are we angels or temptress?
- Do male nurses get a fair go in TV show portrayals?
- 5 Truths about Nursing you rarely hear
Campaigns for nurses’ rights
Nurses and their uniforms
- Malnutrition in Aged Care – Part 1
- Malnutrition in Aged Care – Part 2
- Dealing with Family Members while looking after patients
- 6 Aged Care Nursing Myths and Misconceptions
- Patient’s family driving nurses nuts!
- Tips on looking after patients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
A day in the life of a nurse
- Advantages and disadvantages of agency nursing
- A typical day as a Transport Nurse
- A day in the life of a new ICU Nurse
- As a Child and Family Health Nurse
- A typical day in an Aged Care Facility
- Working as a Rural Midwife
Migrating to Australia as a nurse
- The pros and cons of Immunisation. What are the consequences?
- Should we recommend swine flu vaccines or not?