The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation – ACT Branch (ANMF) seeks 2 conscientious and self- motivated individuals to join their small Industrial team as Assistant Industrial Officers.
An ANMF Assistant Industrial Officer, assists the Branch Secretary under the direction of the Senior Industrial Officer, advises ANMF members in regards to their workplace rights and entitlements, assists ANMF members in resolving individual and workplace issues and grievances, and actively contributes to the implementation of the ANMF’s Industrial program. The role is full-time and subject to a 6-month probation period.
- 1. Provide information and advice to ANMF members in respect of their terms and conditions of employment, and their rights at work.
- 2. Provide information to ANMF members regarding relevant Employer and ANMF policies, Work Health and Safety and Workers Compensation.
- Provide representation and support to ANMF members in underperformance, misconduct and/or disciplinary matters, and other workplace grievances as required.
- Assist the Industrial Officer to implement the ANMF Industrial program including undertaking relevant research and preparing drafts and briefing documents as required
- Research and prepare material for the Branch Newsletter, the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal (ANMJ) and other reports as required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record
- Attend and, where required, take minutes of, relevant committee meeting
- Assist the Branch Secretary and/or the Senior Industrial Officer in any other matter as required.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial Relations, Employment Law and Work Health and Safety
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely and accurate advice to relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to, and manage, an unpredictable workload
- Demonstrated ability maintaining confidence and privacy
- General knowledge of the Nursing and Midwifery professions, and the wider health care industry
- Commitment to the principles of social justice and workers’ rights
- Experience in a similar role and/or relevant tertiary qualification/s in Industrial Relations, Law, Nursing, Midwifery or Political Science.
Salary $75,196.00 p.a. (plus 11.5% super)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 900am MONDAY 1ST MAY 2017.
Download the information: Assistant Industrial Officer April 2017