Scholarships of up to $8,000 are available to registered nurses who are working in full or part-time permanent positions in mental health services of the NSW public health system.
These scholarships are funded by the Nursing and Midwifery Office (NaMO) and are provided to assist with educational expenses directly associated with postgraduate study. Scholarships are awarded through a competitive selection process and not all applicants will be awarded a scholarship. The scholarship will not cover all costs associated with a program of study.
Scholarships will be offered under the Clinical Studies category.
The Postgraduate scholarships for the AMHS course will only apply to applicants who are enrolled to study the AMHS course offered by the Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) in 2019.
The AMHS course is specialised in one of the following areas:
- Perinatal and Infant
- Child and Adolescent
- Older Person
The postgraduate scholarships for the AMHS course offered in 2019 consist of a single payment which is dependant upon the postgraduate qualification being undertaken in the AMHS course. Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of courses at the following levels:
- Graduate Certificate $3000
- Graduate Diploma $6000
- Masters $8000
Am I eligible to apply?
Each category of scholarship has a specified criteria as is described in the Scholarship categories, essay requirements and marking criteria – HETI AMHS course webpage. In addition to this, the following criteria must be met for all categories:
- must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- currently employed and working permanently full-time or part-time as a registered nurse within mental health services of the NSW public health system
- must be enrolled in the 2019 AMHS course offered by HETI
- the applicant has not received a scholarship from NaMO either in the last three years or for the same program of study
If you have answered ‘yes’ to the above questions you are eligible to apply for this grant.
How to apply
In addition to your essay, you are required to provide the following two (2)documents to support your application. These documents are to be received by HETI by 23 November 2018:
- Official confirmation of your 2019 enrolment in the AMHS course offered by HETI.
- A letter from your employer in the following format:
- on Health Service letterhead from your employee services department or immediate manager
- must be dated and signed (within the last 3 months)
- states your name
- states the title of your position
- states your employment status (full-time or part-time)
- states how long you have been employed in this position
Online Application form
Applications open on 10 September 2018 and close at midnight on 23 November 2018.
For the online application form visit Nursing and Midwifery 2019 Postgraduate scholarships for the Applied Mental Health Studies course
For terms and conditions, FAQs and further information visit Nursing and Midwifery 2019 Postgraduate scholarships for the Applied Mental Health Studies course