The Australian Veterans’ Children Assistance Trust (AVCAT) is a national independent charity.
AVCAT helps the children and grandchildren of Australian ex-service men and women to a better future by providing tertiary education scholarships. Through the generous support of the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations and private donors, AVCAT offers up to 90 new scholarships each year for students enrolled at an Australian University, a TAFE College and a Registered Training Organisation.
Scholarships are awarded to students based on financial need, academic merit and deserving circumstances.
To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following criteria:
– A child, step-child, foster child, or grandchild of an Australian ex-serving veteran
– An Australian citizen or permanent resident
– Enrolled, or planning to enrol in 2020, in a full-time course at an Australian University, a TAFE College or a Registered Training Organisation
– Receiving, or eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent means-tested educational payment
– Other criteria according to the specific scholarship on offer.
Applications for 2020 scholarships open on August 18 2019 and close on October 31 2019
For information about how to apply contact the AVCAT team on (02) 9213 7999 or www.avcat.org.au.