- Outstanding career opportunity to make your mark in a growing paediatric not-for-profit charity
- Beach location in new purpose-designed building
- Salary Packaging benefits
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have devoted and engaging staff that help us achieve this. We go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life and our goal is to increase our offering and by 2020 to help 15,000 per year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinical Nurse Consultant/CNS (MHCNC/CNS) is responsible for the provision of expert clinical care and education to children, young people and their families who attend Royal Far West for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health Services.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, this is a key position within the medical clinic and part of the broader Royal Far West multidisciplinary team that is committed to service excellence and trauma-informed, family-centred practice.
The MHCNC/CNS is the senior leader in the nursing team at RFW and will have direct line management of the Medical Clinic Registered Nurses. The main role of the MHCNC/CNS is to support the provision of high quality, timely and appropriate Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services to clients attending Manly and accessing telehealth for the Paediatric Developmental Program (PDP), working closely with the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Developmental Paediatrics teams.
As well as direct client and family consultation, this role involves engagement with a variety of both internal and external key service providers and stakeholders, including but not limited to Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, Paediatricians, General Practitioners, family referral and support services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), rural and remote Mental Health Clinical Nurse Consultants, Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, community Health Workers and Family and Community Services (FaCS).
Willing to consider full time and part time hours for this position.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you have:
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Three years full time equivalent experience working in a community or inpatient setting providing Child & Adolescent Mental Health services
- Able to demonstrate (or working towards) credentials as a Mental Health CNC/CNS
- Proven clinical leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary framework with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with both professionals and clients & families
- Experience working with children and families with complex psychosocial and mental health needs, including those children living in out of home care.
- Thorough clinical understanding of developmental and mental health disorders in children and adolescents
- The ability and experience to conduct clinical assessments, including the potential for aggression or self-harm, via technology (over the phone, videoconferencing etc.) and to develop appropriate management plans (in consultation with medical staff and the multidisciplinary team where indicated).
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and clinical service planning, including an understanding of organisational behaviour, change management and cultural change processes
- Demonstrated competency in the use of contemporary information systems and clinical teaching and development of specialty education programs
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check.
- This role has been identified as a Category A employee and requires protection against vaccine specified preventable diseases (forms will be provided for successful applicants)
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Demonstrated experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (and/or other relevant therapeutic models)
- Demonstrated experience in Trauma Informed Practice
- Demonstrated experience using Electronic Medical Records
- Demonstrated experience in quality, systems and process improvement initiatives
- Experience in clinical service delivery via telephone and/or telehealth
Royal Far West Core Values:
Respect- We value diversity and are sensitive in relationships and to differences.
Integrity– We are open, honest and accountable. We do what we say we will do.
Care- We foster an environment that is supportive and without judgement.
Energy-We apply ourselves energetically, are resilient and encourage innovation
Royal Far West is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
WHERE WE ARE
Located in beautiful Manly, we can be accessed by bus, ferry or car.
For more information go to https://www.royalfarwest.org.au/contact/
An attractive remuneration package of $90,000-$105,000 (dependent on experience) base salary + 9.5% superannuation and salary packaging will be offered to the successful candidate.
Salary packing allows part of your wages to be paid as a reimbursement of your personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money. In effect, part of your wage is paid tax free each pay day. For more information go to: https://www.salary.com.au
Work life balance
At Royal Far West we acknowledge the diverse commitments of our employees outside of work and can offer flexible working arrangements to accommodate the needs of these individuals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our family and help us reach our 2020 goal then apply today as we want to hear from you.
We want to hear from you so please contact Caroline Harris on 02 8966 8529 if you have any queries about the role.
Alternatively a position description is available on the Royal Far West website http://www.royalfarwest.org.au/careers
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter which includes briefly addressing the essential criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply For This Job’ button.
Closing date: 19 September 2019