This week, Premier Berejiklian announced that 5,000 new nurses would join the workforce if she was re-elected. Here’s how social media reacted.
1. People still wanted proper nurse-to-patient ratios
1:4 Registered Nurse to patient ratio in Emergency Departments, Paediatrics and Mental Health needs to be supported to assist in workload and retention of Registered Nurses
— Marshall Mckee (@6f6e5ba6bdc34ae) February 17, 2019
2. People asked about how many nurses have left the system during her party’s 8 years in Government
How many have been lost under your Government?
— Glenn Anderson (@Glenn_Anderson_) February 17, 2019
3. Some people raised her record for NSW
Come on Glad, You can do better than that. Last week You gave Newcastle a light rail they didn’t want, You and Dom Perignon sold their port which they wanted to keep…and You sold MY Poles and Wires. You are amazing.
— Warren R Cook union thug. (@cook_wrc) February 17, 2019
4. Others wanted more details (which it was pretty light on)
— lrow (@oakenchair) February 17, 2019
5. And some were just plain cynical
Is there an election coming, Glad?
Well, blow me down.
How long have you been Premier?#nswpol
— STAVROS (@alias_burgerboy) February 17, 2019
What did you think of the announcement? Let us know in the comments
Read more on Nurse Uncut: