This year the NSW Nurses and Midwives Association is taking a leap into the social media future with an Instagram action for International Midwives and Nurses Week – which is next week! (IMD is Monday 5 May and IND is Monday 12 May.)
We’re celebrating in concert with a global day of action by Global Nurses United.
We’re going to send pictures of ourselves out on Instagram using the hashtag #nswnmaforce4change and @nswnma. It can be a ‘selfie’ or a group photo of your workplace or entire branch – you decide. We’re also asking you to hold up your celebratory messages written on a blank poster (which you can download below.)
Nurses from Hunter Group Homes branch get into the Instagram swing!
Here are some easy steps:
- if you don’t already have it, download the free Instagram app to your smartphone or ipad and set up your account (it’s fine to use a pseudonym)
- follow @NSWNMA on Instagram
- download our blank IND Instagram poster and write your message (preferably in texta for clarity)
- Here are some suggested messages for you to write:
– I’m a force for change on International Nurses’ Day!
– Midwives: a force for change to be reckoned with!
–I’m a proud nurse unionist who’s a force for change
- get someone to take a photo of you holding the poster (or take a selfie)
- post it on Instagram, using the hashtag #nswnmaforce4change and @nswnma
- email it to us as well: firstname.lastname@example.org
- you can also post it on Facebook and/or Twitter if you like.
If you can’t manage the Instagram side of things, still take your photos and email them to us at email@example.com and we will send it out on Instagram.
Download the blank INMD Instagram poster.
Download these instructions as a pdf to share with your colleagues: IND Instagram instructions
Thanks for participating – and Happy International Midwives and Nurses Days!