The headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) is seeking highly motivated and dynamic Mental Health Nurses to be part of the Continuing Care Team (CCT) within hYEPP, providing services to young people, their families or carers and the wider community.
- 1 x Full-time position 38 hours per week, 9am–5pm weekdays
- 1 x Part-time position, 3 days per week
- Parramatta location
About us: The headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) aims to provide early intervention services to young people with emerging serious mental illness, and their families, that are youth-friendly, accessible, consistent and seamless and that provide ongoing care and support.
The hYEPP service will assist young people aged 12 to 25 who are experiencing a first psychotic episode or who meet criteria that indicate they are at ultra-high risk of developing a psychotic disorder. Such assistance will be in the form of early identification and effective, evidence-based interventions delivered by primary care and specialist providers working together within a collaborative, accessible and integrated service framework.
Purpose of the positions: We are seeking highly motivated and dynamic Mental Health Nurses & Allied Health Professionals (including Clinical or Registered Psychologists, Social Workers, or Occupational Therapists) to be a part of the Continuing Care Team (CCT) within hYEPP, providing services to young people, their families or carers, and the wider community.
Clinician position: Clinicians in the hYEPP Continuing Care Team will be providing long-term case management and psychological intervention to young people and their families with hYEPP. The role involves intake, assessment, engagement, psycho-education, clinical intervention, attendance at psychiatric review appointments, liaison with other services and relevant individuals, with an over-arching focus on care co-ordination. Groups are also run as part of hYEPP, and there is scope to be involved in their facilitation.
Selection criteria: Candidates must meet the following selection criteria. Please address each of these in written form:
- Current qualifications as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Nurse
- Current full registration with AHPRA or eligibility for registration with AASW
- Current NSW drivers license
- A minimum of 1 year clinical practice (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field, with specific experience working with young people experiencing early psychosis or a first episode psychosis, and their families
- Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for young people presenting with first episode psychosis and ultra-high risk clients
- An understanding of the stress-vulnerability model, and the recovery framework for young people
- Ability to effectively engage young people and their families, including the ability to be creative and flexible
- Experience working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- A knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act and the Children (2007), Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998), and other relevant legislation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies
- The ability to use relevant information technology, electronic recording systems and data management tools
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. Successful appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Criminal History check and the candidate’s provision of a valid Working With Children Check.
Uniting Recovery welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background and people with a lived experience of mental illness.
Interested applicants should submit their applications addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: hYEPP PCCT. Only shortlisted applicants who address all selection criteria will be contacted for interview. Applications close 10th July 2017.