We are currently recruiting for a registered nurse to join our busy Neurosurgical practice in Camperdown. The ideal candidate will be well organised, have exceptional verbal and written skills, have their own car and be flexible. Award level 2 pay point will be negotiated and determined by experience.
Approximately 14 hours per week for 3 weeks and 22 hours the fourth week.
- Monday: 8am-4.30pm. Round at North Shore Private Hospital 8am; Run clinic at Camperdown 9.30–1pm; Pre-op and post-op calls and other duties 1.30pm–4.30pm.
- Wednesday, Thursday & 3 Fridays – 2 hours each day: Round at NSPH prior to 12 noon, 1 hour, then 1 hour of work from home
- Friday once per month – Round as above then attend rooms for clinic and follow-up duties as listed below.
The role will include a variety of duties.
- To round at North Shore Private Hospital to provide pre-op and post-operative assessment. Communicate directly with the neurosurgeon re these rounds.
- Call pre-operative patients to ensure best preparation for surgery and discuss expectations of post-operative period.
- Phone calls to all the post-op patients to ensure patient condition, wound, medication, post-op recovery, expectations.
- Phone liaison with the secretary when necessary during non-office days.
- To conduct follow-up consultations in clinic for patients returning for review in conjunction with the Neurosurgeon.
- Document electronically a record of communications with patients.
- Dictate and edit letters for patients seen by self.
- Scheduling of returning patient’s appointments and processing bulk billing for the clinic patients seen by self.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org