Nurse Uncut was created to provide a platform for nurses and midwives to share our stories, experiences and opinions on topics close to our hearts.
Nurse Uncut is a community for all nurses and midwives, but especially those in NSW (where we are based) and Australia.
We welcome you all regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation or ability.
We reserve the right to delete comments that we deem unwelcome.
Before hitting the send button, consider:
- Self-awareness. Re-read your comment (is it offensive in any way?)
- Be respectful of others. This includes all others, especially nurses from other cultures. Too often racist or bigoted comments are made on Nurse Uncut. These will be deleted.
- Be constructive and offer your thoughts, ideas and experiences, rather than using sarcastic or belittling language.
- Protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, especially patients and work colleagues. Avoid giving identifying details about yourself or your workplace.
- Keep it clean. Abusive language will be deleted.
- No yelling. Using all capital letters is considered yelling online. Shouting doesn’t give more substance to whatever you’re saying, so keep your voice down.
- No spamming. Messages made for the purposes of marketing, otherwise known as spam, will be deleted.
- Proofread your comment before hitting the send button: Use your best spelling and grammar, not phone-text abbreviations!
- We limit the promotion of commercial interests. If you want to promote a business or service on Nurse Uncut, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also suggest that you read the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation’s policy on use of social media and online networking.