The Translational Cancer Research Network (TCRN) is seeking one candidate to undertake a PhD in the area of translational cancer research at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) or University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
The successful candidates will be offered an annual tax-exempt stipend of $27,082 (equivalent of an Australian Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship Stipend) commencing no later than Semester 2/Spring Semester, 2018 or Semester 1, 2019 for three years full time.
These scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis for domestic students who will enrol at UNSW or UTS and will be determined by a selection committee. These scholarships are for new candidates only – students who are already enrolled are not eligible. In addition, the TCRN will also provide $3,000 to support travel and direct research costs.
Essential selection criteria:
- Current APHRA RN registration
- Bachelor’s Degree, Honours and/or Master Research.
- Eligibility for enrolment in a PhD program at UTS or UNSW
- Capacity to enrol no later than Semester 2/Spring Semester, 2018 or Semester 1 2019
Desirable: 2-5 years cancer nursing experience and expertise.
For information about the UTS and UNSW PhD program please go to:
In addition to ensuring you are eligible for admission to UNSW or UTS, students must also seek out a supervisor and suitable translational cancer research project, before submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI). Please visit the TCRN website for more information on how to choose a project.
Instructions for the Expression of Interest:
The TCRN will accept applications at any time but this must be in advance of any enrolment date at the respective institution.
Your EOI should include:
- Curriculum vitae including your qualifications, work and research experience
- A certified copy of your academic transcript
- The title of your research project
- The outline of a research proposal (maximum of 2 pages, including a statement of the research problem, its significance, and an outline of proposed research methods)
- The names of proposed supervisors (at least one supervisor should be a TCRN member)
- The names and contact details of at least two referees.
For more information, please contact email@example.com