The Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training Project is managed by the National LGBTI Health Alliance and is being delivered collaboratively with project partners across every state and territory in Australia. It is funded by the Department of Health until June 2020.
This essential, and relevant one-day training for all workers in the aged care sector will help promote a better understanding of the needs of the LGBTI people and provide staff with more confidence to deliver an inclusive, best practice service.
This national initiative is being presented at a venue near you.
- Knowing what LGBTI is for person-directed care
- The LGBTI communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Societal impacts on LGBTI people
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- LGBTI health and wellbeing
- Health and social inequity for LGBTI people
- Lifestyles of older LGBTI people
- Mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Inclusive Practice
- Industry best practice standards within the aged care sector
- Individual inclusive practice
- Organisational Change
- Legislation relating to aged care practice
- Government policy change
Duration: 7 hours, including a morning, lunch and afternoon breaks.
Audience: Health and community workers supporting aging clients.
Dates and Location:
Training Schedule (2018)
Each individual signing up must have a valid email to register. If you purchase more than one, we will contact you regarding the other participants.
Funding for this training makes the cost $10 for participants, therefore volume discounts do not apply.
Please make sure to read the cancelation/refund policy.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from email@example.com saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to register for the date. If you have not received this email, it may have been redirected to your junk/spam inbox.
If a session is full and you would like to be waitlisted, please email your details and your preferred session to PrideTraining@acon.org.au we will try our best to accommodate you.